World Bank and Financial Times’ blog/Essay writing competition
World Bank and Financial Times’ essay writing competition is currently open for interested and qualified high school students all over the world.
This competition as you may have noted from the title is being sponsored by World Bank and Financial Times.
- Competition title: World Bank and Financial Times’ blog/essay writing competition
In your essay/blog, you are expected to answer the following questions
- How can we improve education?
- What insights from your experience during the COVID-19 pandemic do you think would improve education and learning?
- What should educators and policymakers do differently, including by leveraging technology and changing teaching methods?
Benefits or prize:
The blog/essay of the winner will be published in the blog of World Bank. The World will equally find additional, virtual ways to honour the winner during 2022.
The blog/essay of the winner will be published in the Financial Times. But this is at their sole discretion though.
- A strong blog or essay, that is no longer than 500 words.
- Your name, age, school, email, and country you live in.
- Photos, videos, visualizations that help support your story, are optional
Terms and Conditions for the World Bank and Financial Times’ blog/Essay writing competition
- Your entry (blog/essay) is expected to be originally written by you. It should not have been published anywhere or copied from other sources.
- By submitting an entry, you grant to The World Bank and The Financial Times Limited (“FT”) a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to copy, edit, publish and use the entry, in whole or in part, and in any way, including for publishing on the World Bank’s blog platform and, at the FT’s sole discretion, on ft.com, without compensation to the entrant. Rights to edit copy where the publishers deem necessary is reserved although entrants will be fully credited.
- As we noted in the first item of this terms and conditions, your essay should be your work and cannot be collaborative or written by a proxy.
- You must be enrolled in high school or a version of secondary education and should be between the ages of 15-19 years at the time of submission.
- You can submit your essay in English, French, Spanish and Arabic. However, the winning entries will be published in English.
- There is no fee payable to enter the competition
- For more on this, please visit the website address provided at the end of this post.
Submissions are due by midnight January 31, 2022.
Endeavour to submit your application before the stated deadline above as applications received after it will not be considered.
How to apply
Send your application following the World Bank and Financial Times’ blog/Essay writing competition guidelines
Ensure that you pay close attention to and follow strictly the terms and conditions of this contest. Deviating from any of them will make you not to win.
Click Competition information to know more about this competition.
Visit the official page of the World Bank and Financial Time’s Essay writing contest 2022
Apply for Copenhagen Bioscience Phd Programme