United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is a global organization that works in some of the world’s most challenging environments to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. Our mission is to save their lives, defend their rights, and help them reach their full potential. We operate across 190 countries and territories, working tirelessly to create a better world for every child, everywhere, every day.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced WASH Manager to fill a critical role in our Abuja office. As the WASH Manager, you will be responsible for providing technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to ensure the achievement of WASH-related output results in the country program. You will work closely with the Chief of WASH and other team members to develop and implement effective WASH programs that meet the needs of the most vulnerable children.
Key responsibilities of the WASH Manager include:
- Providing management support to the Chief of WASH
- Developing and planning effective WASH programs
- Managing, monitoring, and delivering WASH-related results
- Providing advisory services and technical support
- Advocating, networking, and building partnerships
- Preparing for and responding to humanitarian WASH emergencies
- Promoting innovation, knowledge management, and capacity building
- To be considered for this position, you must possess an Advanced University Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Behavior Change Communication, Sanitary Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Additionally, you should have a minimum of eight years of professional experience in WASH-related programs for developing countries, including at least one year of deployment in a developing country. At least six months of work in humanitarian situations, including one three-month deployment mission (with UN-Govt-INGO), is required.
- Fluency in English is required, and knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children and meet the requirements for this position, we encourage you to apply. The closing date for applications is 11th April 2023 (W. Central Africa Standard Time). To apply online, click on the link provided. Join us in building a better world for every child, everywhere, every day.