The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) is a non-governmental organization that provides prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services for infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB), and cancer.
We are seeking a Technical Advisor, Scientific Writing (TASW) to provide cross-cutting technical support for research accruing from IHVN SECURE-Nigeria project data.
The TASW will be responsible for leading the manuscript development for identified tasks within SECURE-Nigeria project. Specifically, the TASW will conceptualize research topics, develop draft manuscripts, manage feedback comments, and initiate manuscript submission to reputable peer-review journals until the timely online publication of articles. The position will require a flexible work schedule, including occasional travel and weekend work.
- Conceptualize research topics and develop draft manuscripts for identified tasks within the SECURE-Nigeria project
- Liaise with the respective IHVN project leads and data analysts to develop methods and result sections of proposed manuscripts
- Manage feedback comments on draft manuscripts from co-authors and editorial reviewers towards the development of finalized submission-ready manuscripts
- Initiate manuscript submission to reputable peer-review journals and follow up until timely online publication
- Provide timely and adequate technical support on implementation research to designated SECURE-Nigeria projects
- Attend relevant technical meetings and keep unit colleagues updated on research activities and deliverables
- Liaise with and provide technical assistance to project leads on project development and implementation towards improvement in the quality of data available for manuscript writing and research publications
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on research activities and accomplishments
Minimum Essential Requirements:
- Advanced Clinical Degree (MD, MBBS, BMChB, BPh, DM, RN or equivalent Degree) with at least 7 years’ experience in scientific writing
- An advanced degree in epidemiology, public health, or related background is needed
- A thorough understanding of IDSR guideline, relevant infectious disease epidemiology, and public health issues
- Strong scientific background with a track record of publications with at least 3 as first author
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to the “Assistant Director, Human Resources” via [email protected]. Please use the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is a performance-based position that will be reviewed quarterly. In the event that the TASW is consistently not meeting deliverables as outlined by the work plan, the contract will be terminated.