International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide.
By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at the highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated healthcare systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
- We are recruiting to fill the position below:Job Title: Stabilization Centre Nurse
- Location: Damboa, Borno
- Employment Type: Full-time
- The principal objective of the Stabilization Centre (SC) Nurse role is to manage acute malnutrition as part of the basic health services in line with the national and international guidelines.
- The SC Nurse is responsible for nutrition rehabilitation of the admitted children through treatment of medical complications of Severe Acute Malnutrition and prevention of further deterioration of the nutrition situation through provision of therapeutic feeds, routine and specialized medicines, health and nutrition counselling.
- The SC Nurse is also responsible for ensuring quality of services through capacity building and technical support to the SC nutrition assistants in the management of complications associated with Severe Acute Malnutrition in line with the SC national and international protocols.
- Ensuring comprehensive medical examination, vital signs, frequent medicines and treatment according to the National Inpatient Management SAM protocols.
- Following and adhering to the current protocols on drug administration i.e. antibiotics, antimalarial, anthelminthic.
- Ensuring timely therapeutic preparation and administering the appropriate feeds and medicines for the malnourished children in the SC.
- Carrying out daily nutritional status monitoring of severely malnourished children as prescribed in the protocol.
- Providing appropriate nutrition counselling and health education to the mothers and caretakers in the SC based on the protocols and guidelines.
- Ensuring adequate availability of all drugs and nutrition supply and ensuring stock is pre-positioned as planned.
- Consulting and informing the SC Doctor and/or Nutrition Manager on issues that may affect the smooth operations of the stabilization Centre.
- Ensuring proper handing over of duties within the SC.
- Preparing and updating the medical and nutritional record for ward rounds on a daily basis.
- Ensuring all criteria are adhered to and documented, including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the OTP
- Completing and updating the patient file to ensure a track of patient progress.
- Compiling the statistical data (admission, default, cured, absent, death) and drafting a report on activities.
- Maintaining supply consumption reports.
- Timely completion and submit of weekly SC IPTT report
Qualifications and Experience
- Registered Nurse or possess a Degree in Nursing from a recognized Nursing institution.
- Over two (2) years’ experience in CMAM and IYCF programmes
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption letter
- Valid and current practicing license.
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values and principles.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, email and utilization of the internet
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver IMC’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Application Closing Date
23rd August, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps via: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Due to the urgent need of the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com
- Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review.