mDoc is digital health start up that leverages behavioral science, data, technology and quality improvement methodologies to improve access to quality healthcare for people with chronic health needs in sub-Saharan Africa. We are seeking an all-star product suite lead to join our team.
Our ethos is etched in the belief that augmenting the healthcare & technology landscape is paramount to helping Africa unlock its true potential. We are on a mission to transform how African healthcare consumers receive the support they need to live longer, healthier, happier and more productive lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Social Media Manager
- Location: Lagos
- Employment Type: Full-time
- We are searching for a talented social media manager to represent our company by building a social media presence for our brands.
- The social media manager will be required to run advertising campaigns and drive engagement by creating high-quality original content.
- You should also engage influencers, manage our community by responding to comments, and oversee our customer service across all platforms.
- To be successful as a social media manager, you should possess a wealth of pertinent marketing experience.
- Ultimately, a top-notch social media manager should back their expertise by creating and sharing all relevant technical documents.
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement social media strategy for mDoc. Our current platforms include Facebook and Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn with expansion opportunities for all.
- You’ll also identify additional opportunities on social media (such as TikTok and Pinterest) and design a strategic approach to support mDoc’s editorial mission.
- Work with Creative Services and/or independently to create compelling text, video, and graphic social media posts.
- Monitor mDoc’s social media channels and support a strategy to respond to queries and comments and build on our engaged audience, including generating reports tracking engagement and key social metrics.
- Create a strategy to build a community of self-care enthusiast to interact in a way that supports mDoc’s goal to be the top-of-mind destination for self-care.
- Support internal content partnerships with mDoc’s properties, including the main storefront and other mDoc blogs / websites. This includes providing day-to-day support to mDoc’s business units as needed, as well as identifying and developing internal opportunities for mDoc.
- Support the communications team as needed. This may include proofing, light editing, and working in our CMS.
- Social media marketing experience.
- Experience developing social media strategies.
- Experience working with and developing a marketing plan.
- Ability to develop the right voice for each social media platform.
- Proven ability to build social media communities.
- Understanding of graphic design principles.
- Experience as a Brand Manager on social media.
- Ability to measure the success of campaigns.
What You’ll Need
- B.A in English, Journalism, Communications or a related field or commensurate experience required with a Master’s preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience working for a consumer-facing media outlet, including experience managing social media platforms and tools.
- Experience creating graphic posts tailored for social media platforms.
- Video experience is a plus, but not required.
- Working knowledge of AP style and able to follow an in-house style guide.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- An ability to flawlessly multi-task and thrive under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, and to quickly adjust strategy and execution in the face of new information
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Highly developed intrapersonal skills
- Experience working in a CMS
- Position may require travel.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.