Maisha Meds is an organisation dedicated to improving health care in Africa. We began full-time operations in 2017 and over the past few years have grown to support over 1.5 million patient encounters annually across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, and Zambia with our suite of software products. We are building the financial and technology infrastructure to enable global health funders to pay for health outcomes at the last mile, with a focus on malaria case management (and results from a RCT with UC Berkeley due out later this year), injectable contraceptives, prenatal care, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, and COVID testing and vaccination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Senior Associate, Partnerships
- Location: Lagos
- ,Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Country Team
- We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will join our team with a focus on growing our customer base in Nigeria.
- The candidate should have experience in partner engagements and have a track record of fostering partnerships that have led to the significant business growth in the health-tech sales spaces or other relevant sectors.
- The successful candidate will support the Partnerships Manager to negotiate with prospective partners and draw up MoUs that foster collaborative growth with relevant industry stakeholders in the retail pharma private sector.
- Partnerships associate should enjoy a fast-paced working environment, be skilled at working with and interacting with regulators and professional associations.
- You should be a negotiator, and have the capacity to lead teams working remotely or onsite.
This role reports to the Partnerships Manager Nigeria and will support on the following:
- Identify potential scale partners in line with Maisha Meds growth projections
- Negotiating and drafting MoUs with identified partners
- Developing and implementing acquisition/referral strategies in collaboration with the Sales Manager
- Continuous performance review of existing partnerships to identify areas for improvement
- Ensuring partner compliance with the terms and conditions in the MoU
- Ensuring that Maisha Meds delivers on agreed commitments and escalates potential challenges in a timely manner
- Proactively identifying potential risks to existing partnership arrangements
- Evaluate the success of our partnerships and if providing a return on investment.
- Degree (minimum) in Business, Customer Service, Pharmacy Business or other related fields
- Tech conversant and ability to quickly learn and become a proficient user of both our app and internal tools.
- Minimum of 3 years experience of working in a business development or account management role
- Experience working with government stakeholders, health institutions or pharmaceutical bodies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with sales processes and CRM systems a plus
- Excited and energetic to work tirelessly on establishing meaningful partnerships
- Growth mindset and enthusiasm for learning, feedback, and continuous improvement
- Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with conscientiousness, patience, and a humble approach to service
- You care deeply about what we’re building and how it may change how healthcare is accessed for millions of patients.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online