Europe is home to several high-ranked Universities in the world. These universities offer quality education plus training to students to succeed in the global space.
Acquiring a prestigious degree from any University in Europe is very profitable; it opens many great opportunities for advancement in people\’s professional lives.
Thus, it is no surprise that Europe is a favourite destination for studies for International Students.
However, studying in Europe is very expensive. Most students require aid in form of grants, scholarships, etc, to meet up financially.
In a bid to assist International Students in studies in Europe, Governments, organizations, and institutions have provided several scholarship schemes for students for undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate studies.
Here in this article, we have highlighted some of these scholarships available for foreign students to actualise their dream of studying in Europe.
1. Government of Hungary Scholarship
Stipendium hungaricum scholarships are fully funded scholarships for international Students in Europe for undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate studies.
These scholarships provide opportunities for talented students to enhance their talents through academic means.
- Tuition fees
- Monthly allowance
- Accommodation costs
- Medical Insurance
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Excellent academic grades.
- Applicants must have all the required documents.
- Must be fit medically.
- Applicants must be from countries eligible.
- Great motivational skills.
- Applicants must fulfill all the academic conditions.
2. Holland Scholarship for International Students
The Holland Scholarship is offered to international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for bachelor’s or master’s studies in the Netherlands.
- This scholarship is a partial tuition fee non-renewable award of £5,000.
- Applicants must be from a non-EEA country.
- Applicants must be applying for a full-time bachelor or master\’s at one of the participating Dutch higher education institutions.
- Applicants must meet the academic requirements of the institution.
- Applicants must have never studied before at an educational institution in the Netherlands.
3. Belgian Government Scholarship
The Belgian Government ARES Scholarship are fully funded scholarships for international students for Bachelor’s or Master’s studies or further training courses in Belgium.
This scholarship is funded by the Government of Belgium.
- Tuition fees
- Monthly Allowance.
- Travel expenses.
- Additional costs.
- Applicants must be resided in their country of residence by the time of the application.
- Applicants must be a citizen of the eligible countries.
- Applicants should have work experience.
- Applicants must have a sound knowledge of written and spoken French.
4. University of Sussex Chancellor\’s International Scholarship
This Scholarship is a scholarship for International Studies at the University of Sussex. It is for graduate studies.
The students have to demonstrate remarkable academic excellence to earn the scholarship.
- This scholarship is a tuition fee non-renewable award of £5,000.
- Applicants must be categorized as ‘overseas’ students for fee purposes.
- Applicants must have been offered and accepted a place for a Master\’s study at the University.
- Be self-financing
- Have impressive academic grades.
5. Gates Cambridge Scholarship for International Students
Gates Cambridge Scholarship is a scholarship fully funded for international students in Europe for master\’s and Ph.D. studies at the University of Cambridge.
These Scholarships are one of the most prestigious international scholarships in the world and are awarded to excellent students outside the UK.
- Tuition fee.
- A maintenance allowance
- Inbound visa costs plus the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge.
- Travel expenses.
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties.
- Required Language: English.
- Applicants must show academic excellence.
- Should be committed to improving the lives of others.
- Applicants must show leadership potential.
- Students applying must be from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate program.
6. Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships
The Scholarships are provided by the University of Amsterdam for International students outside Europe for Masters\’s studies in the Netherlands.
The University of Amsterdam seeks to attract gifted students to its classrooms for studies.
- The scholarship amount of €25,000 for tuition fees and living expenses for the entire academic year.
- Applicants must not be from EU/EEA or Swiss countries.
- Have a bachelor\’s degree.
- Have received admission or will be admitted for the first time at the University.
- Applicants must have never studied at any University in the Netherlands.
- Applicants must be motivated scholar who excels in extracurricular activities
- Applicants must have remarkable English language skills.
7. The University of Bristol think big Scholarships
The University of Bristol\’s Think Big Undergraduate scholarships and Think Big Postgraduate scholarships are available for international students for studies in the UK.
- Scholarship awards valued at £5,000 and £10,000 are available to Undergraduate students for tuition fees.
- Scholarship awards valued at £5,000, £10,000, and £20,000 are available to Postgraduate students for tuition fees.
- Applicants must be categorised as overseas scholars for fee purposes.
- Applicants have applied to start a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate program at the University.
8. University of Bologna Scholarships
The University of Bologna offers scholarships to International Students for Studies in Italy for first, single, and second Cycle degree courses.
- Tuition fees waiver (Unibo 1).
- Study grants up to €11,000 (Unibo 2).
- Applicants must take either the SAT or GRE test.
- Applicants must have valid qualifications issued by an institution outside Italy.
- Excellent academic qualification.
- Applicants must meet the academic requirements for their choice of program.
9. University of Geneva Masters Scholarships
The University of Geneva\’s Excellent Masters scholarship is offered to International Students in Europe for Master\’s studies at the University of Geneva in Switzerland.
It is funded by the University\’s Faculty of Science, plus support from other partners.
This scholarship aims to support academically sound students in studying science-related courses for their Master\’s at the University.
- The scholarship award amounts to CHF 10,000 to CHF 15,000 per year.
- Citizens from all countries are eligible.
- Applicants must show academic excellence.
- Proficiency in English and French.
10. University of Twente Scholarship
University of Twente Scholarships are scholarships offered for outstanding students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries for Master\’s studies at the University of Twente, Netherlands.
- The scholarship provides grants from €3,000 to €22,000 each year.
- Compensation fees for study-related costs.
- Students are eligible for another grant equivalent to the first one.
- You must have gained admission to the University at the time of application.
- Applicants must have a student number.
- Applicants have not graduated from a graduate program at the University of Trent.
- Applicants must be academically sound.
- Applicants must fulfill the English language requirement test.
Europe is home to top universities in the world. It is no surprise that it is a favourite destination for international students.
Due to the high cost of studying in Europe however, several scholarship opportunities are available for international students in Europe.
We have discussed some of such available scholarships.
If you wish to study in Europe but lack finance these scholarship choices are open to you!