The NSIA-LUTH Cancer Center (NLCC) is West Africa’s most renowned center dedicated solely to offering premium cancer care, research, education and prevention. Our aesthetic facility stands distinct within the walls of the prestigious Lagos University Teaching Hospital and boasts of world class, state-of-the-art equipment and facilities that deliver international standard Cancer care in a comfortable and safe environment. Our Clinical team comprises of highly skilled and experienced in-house Clinical and Radiation Oncologists, Oncology Nurses and other multidisciplinary specialists with a proven track record of excellence in clinical leadership and expertise in the field of Oncology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Research Assistant
- Location: Lagos
- Data Collection, Data Cleaning and Organization, Data Analysis, Documentation and Reporting. Works directly with clinicians, patients, IT and Records teams to gather and record center data.
- Extract and compile relevant patient data from the electronic medical records (EMR) system.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of collected data through meticulous verification and cross-referencing.
- Conduct in-person interviews with cancer patients to gather relevant research data, following approved protocols and guidelines.
- Coordinate and conduct virtual interviews with patients who are unable to visit the cancer center, ensuring a smooth and efficient process.
- Ensure informed consent is obtained from all participants, and Collaborate with the Research Team to identify trends, patterns, and insights from the data.
- Prepare clear and concise reports summarizing the findings, including tables, charts and graphs as necessary.
- Experience in writing scientific Research papers.
- Experience of working with databases
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask
- Strong Microsoft office suite skill
- Superior attention to detail
- Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent communication, organizational skills (both internally, and to external associates
- Attention to detail.
- Critical thinking.
- Statistical and Graphical Analysis of Data.
- Medical Students
- Nurse or nursing students.
Application Closing Date
28th August, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and updated CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.