Job offer summary
- Job Title: Radiographer
- Location: Lagos State Employment
- Type: Contract
- Reporting to: State Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Program (STBLCP)/Grant Management Unit (GMU)
- Duration of Contract: 7 months (June 2023 to December 2023)
- Number of Openings: 10
The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) of the Global Fund grant aimed at accelerating TB case notification in Lagos State. The Ministry is responsible for the overall management of the grant, ensuring attainment of programmatic results, and accountability of the grant financial resources. To execute this mandate, the Ministry established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out its functions.
The Radiographer will perform radiological duties in compliance with international standards in a mobile x-ray unit. The successful candidate will help patients feel comfortable during the entire process and perform selected administrative and clerical duties that assist in the delivery of quality radiography for the purposes of screening clients for TB in a mobile environment as part of an Active TB Case Finding (ACF) team for the LSMOH TB Grant.
- Obtain x-ray images of patients through the process of radiographic imaging.
- Carry out Chest x-rays on the mobile x-ray vans and on facility x-ray machines.
- Liaise with the Site supervisor and field team on-site to ensure smooth workflow and maximize system efficiency throughout chest x-ray screening activities.
- Ensure all adequate safety measures are taken to avoid any undue exposure to radiation.
- Ensure proper handling and use of x-ray equipment and related software.
- Ensure all individuals coming in for an x-ray are managed, prepared and guided adequately.
- Ensure that data (such as patient IDs, demographics, CAD scores etc.) is entered into the system.
- Ensure that there is no mishandling of equipment and accessories and that all start-up and shut-down protocols are followed.
- Support other staff members of the team when required.
- Maintain strict confidentiality guidelines regarding all clients, conversations, and referrals.
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Radiography.
- Two years’ work experience in any radiography field.
- License of Practice by Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria.
- Good computer skills, including familiarity and comfort with using MS Excel.
- Attention to details.
- Flexibility across a range of field and office-related tasks.
- Good attitude, self-motivated and ability to work well individually as well as in a team.
- A license according to the state laws.
- Experience in radiography programs.
- Familiarity with GF Program implementation/NGO experience.
- Accuracy and efficiency are prime qualities demanded by this profile. Besides, the applicants are expected to hold good knowledge about radiographic terminology.
Application Closing Date 13th April 2023; 5:00 PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the link provided to fill the online application and upload their CV.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process. The successful candidate is expected to resume by June 2023.