Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates was ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms in 2012 and named one of the top 40 international development innovators. The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in nearly 40 countries.
Abt has long been at the vanguard of health systems strengthening and innovation. Since 1989, Abt has worked with USAID and private and public sector stakeholders to modernize approaches for sustainable health financing. Abt’s technical expertise in health systems strengthening includes health resource tracking, human resources for health, health policy and strategy development, developing clinical guidelines, and working with private health providers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Program Assistant
- Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Employment Type: Contract
- Project: LHSS Project
- The Local Health System Sustainability (LHSS) Project is a 5-year, $209 million global task order that works to strengthen health systems to achieve universal health coverage and improve population health and well-being. Interventions will focus on reducing financial barriers, holding health services accountable for meeting all clients’ needs and making sure that the care patients receive meets minimum standards.
- LHSS’s Nigeria activity will support the Government of Nigeria in five states (Nasarawa, Plateau and Zamfara, Lagos and Kano) to expand sustainable pro-poor health financing options to reduce health inequalities, improve access to essential health services for the most vulnerable populations, and increase government expenditure on health services for greater sustainability of health service delivery. In addition, the program will also support HIV/AIDS financing in Lagos and Kano States.
The activity has five objectives:
- Increase financial risk protection.
- Improve population health coverage.
- Increase the number of fully functional health facilities.
- Increase utilization of state health insurance schemes for HIV/AIDS services
- Increase government funding for HIV/AIDs services.
Program Assistant responsibilities are:
- Maintain full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol, procedures, management of information flow and follow-up on timelines and commitments made and undertaking office administration and program support.
- Efficient and discreet management of administrative and operational schedule with due regard for effectiveness and efficiency
- Organization of regular and ad-hoc management and staff meetings, preparation and circulation of agendas, preparation of minutes and summaries of actions to be taken, tracking of progress on planned issues and follow-up with responsible persons.
- Ensure smooth meetings including relationship management for the management team.
- Screening of all incoming communications, filter outgoing correspondence for the CoP’s signature, and clearance.
- Ensures effective communications and administrative support to the office.
- Follow up on timelines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the COP
- Drafting of routine correspondence, interoffice circulars, general briefing notes, documents, reports, and minutes of meetings when requested.
- Administration of travel, meetings, appointments, and briefings of the COP including drafting of background notes.
- Provide support for finance and administrative operations.
- Provide support for grant management and operations.
- Other activities identified by the Chief of Party
- Timely shared agenda of meetings 24-48 hours before the meeting.
- Timely shared minutes of the last meeting (including action points) 24-48 hours after the meetings.
- Minutes of meetings signed by the COP and archived appropriately for future references.
- Action point trackers showing responsible persons, progress, or evidence of completion of planned activities
- Schedule of tasks and timelines developed and tracked for each activity
- Workshops and meetings successfully facilitated and conducted.
- Cleared cache of COP incoming and outgoing correspondences.
- Weekly submission (Close of business on Fridays) of list of actions points, and activities completed, report submitted and cleared from the COP’s desk and outstanding activities, commitments yet to be done.
- Timely submission of meeting notes.
- Grant and financial management support
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV as a single document with name of applicant as the title to: [email protected] using “Program Assistant Consultancy” as the subject of the mail.