The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
- Job Title: Pharmacy Storekeeper
- Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Employment Type: Contract
- Contract Length: 5 months with a possibility of renewal base on availability of funds and performance.
- Execute the pharmacy/medical warehouse storing activities with focus keeping pharmacy stock above security level and following recommended conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.) under the supervision of the Pharmacy supervisor, and in collaboration with administration and the logistics team.
- Store medical commodities in accordance with the system in force, in order to ensure continuous availability. This includes:
- Ensuring correct filling of stock cards and all stock movements according to standards.
- Ensuring the labelling of shelves, cold chain, boxes with relevant information: category, code and designation, quarantine, expiry date and items on hold.
- Receive orders and deliveries as well as identify discrepancies and temperature break down against cargo manifest, packing list or other documents and report them.
- Prepare orders (picking and packing) of the different consumption units (departments, wards, other), ensuring the packaging and proper dispatching.
- Report any abnormalities or changes in consumption patterns to the Pharmacy Supervisor.
- Inform Pharmacy Supervisor as soon as stock reaches alert limit.
- Carry out or participate in regular inventories including EPREP stock.
- Report missing material/ damage/ robbery as well as soon to expire items.
- Control warehouse access limiting to authorized personnel and ensure doors and other exists are secured.
- Monitor on a daily basis, storage conditions in the warehouse: Make sure all the monitoring devices are functioning properly and report as soon as possible any break down in storage conditions.
- Perform the monitoring of cold chain according to standard and behave in case of any problem according to the contingency plan.
- Ensure the cleanliness of pharmacy premises is achieved in collaboration with the cleaners.
- Follow up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months and report it to the pharmacy supervisor.
- Essential, Secondary School. Desirable, medical related studies.
- Essential previous experience in similar or relevant positions.
- Desirable previous experience in ALIMA or other NGOs.
- Essential mission working language, local language desirable.
- English is mandatory (written, read, spoken)
- Essential calculation skills, computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Results oriented, good team player, flexible, committed and accountable.
Application Closing Date
22nd August, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and a copy of their Resume to: [email protected] using “Pharmacy Storekeeper – Maiduguri” as the subject of the email.
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the time initially indicated.
- Only full applications respecting the above-mentioned instructions will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.