The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that provides medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are currently seeking a highly qualified and experienced Outreach Nurse Supervisor to oversee our Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) program at the OTPs in Bade/Karasuwa LGA, Yobe state.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the daily activities of our CMAM program, ensuring proper protocol is followed, and collating and reporting data from the field. Additionally, the candidate will manage the availability and maintenance of medical supplies, supervise and train staff, and participate in meetings related to health facilities in the project area.
- Supervise the work of OTP nutrition supervisors and CNMs involved in close consultation with Nurse Activity Manager or Medical Referent.
- Ensure proper protocol for CMAM is followed and organize community meetings with CNMs and community leaders.
- Participate in the management of waste generated during the activity, ensuring all waste is properly destroyed.
- Ensure community sensitization and mobilization are done in collaboration with the Head of health promotion.
- Ensure measures are in place for patients needing referral and follow up on all referred cases.
- Collate and report weekly and monthly data from the field and participate in analysis of the data collated in respect to meeting targets.
- Manage the availability, correct use, and maintenance of medical supplies and ensure that ALIMA ambulances are properly equipped with necessary medical supplies during referral.
- Supervise staff and participate in their training/induction, evaluation, and communication in collaboration with the Medical Responsible, administrator, and the PC if needed.
- Participate in the training of all staff related to the CMAM activity in collaboration with the Nurse Activity Manager.
- Participate in meetings with other supervisors in order to ensure smooth collaboration of all departments in terms of activities running.
- Ensure prevention measures are in place against abuse of power, SGBV and facilitate the organization of training and awareness sessions.
- Essential Nurse Degree and Registered Nurse.
- 3 years of experience in Nurse practice and nurse management in a facility.
- Experience in community activities (CMAM).
- Advanced knowledge in Nursing management and computer literacy (Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet).
- Training skills, well-organized with good negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, a part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team, in emergency and under pressure, to manage stress easily, and result-oriented.
- Ability to work in close collaboration with MOH staff and create teamwork, flexible, and committed to the assigned position.
- Interest in and commitment to ALIMA’s activities, enthusiasm to represent the organization to others, to travel to different regions of Nigeria.
- English compulsory, others are an asset like Hausa, Kanuri, etc.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of the email. The closing date for applications is 14th April 2013