Elephant Healthcare builds mobile, digital infrastructure for public health systems across the Global South. Founded in 2018 by doctors and driven by technical expertise, we are building a platform – ElephantOS – that improves outcomes, reduces costs and makes healthcare accessible for all.
We are a small band of experts. This inspires our purpose as we focus on delivering solutions for real-world health problems. We are open, creative and collaborative, and we believe that products, whether used in Sudan or San Francisco, should be intuitive and beautiful.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Operations Manager
- Location: Abuja
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Your job will be to lead the digitisation of thousands of public health clinics across central Nigeria, beginning in Abuja and Nasarawa, using software developed by an in-house team in the UK.
- This will require being all over the implementation detail while growing a sizable team from scratch.
- You will also manage relationships with key senior government stakeholders as well as any implementing partners.
- You will be working with a young and fast moving international team of high achievers and so need to be dynamic, flexible, passionate, and excellent.
As Operations Manager you will:
- Be directly responsible for the rollout and delivery of Elephant’s services and operations to our customers in Nigeria, working closely with the Nigeria Senior Operations Manager and our global operations and product teams;
- Build an operations and account management team across states in which we operate, developing a culture of respect, personal learning and development and accountability across the whole Nigeria team;
- Ensure customer satisfaction by understanding customer needs and developing innovative solutions – this will require regular site visits, close collaboration with customers, and working closely with Elephant’s product team;
- Be responsible for technical reliability and success, this includes providing technical support to customers (covering software bugs, internet interruptions, system downtime, etc.) ensuring any issues are resolved rapidly and effectively;
- Manage the communication and feedback loop from the launch team to the rest of the Customer Success team, Business Development team, Product team, and other internal teams through all available channels;
- Work with our Nigerian and global leadership teams to shape strategy and share best practices;
- Establishing team OKRs/KPIs and track/report on these; and
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and government regulations and licences that pertain to business operations, health, safety and labour requirements of the facilities.
- The role is based in Abuja, with a requirement for travel within the country.
Our ideal colleague will have the following skills, attributes and experience:
- 4+ years experience working at a senior level in a top firm in enterprise technology, healthcare, management consultancy, or similar;
- A relevant technical degree from a globally recognised university;
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with sound judgment and first-rate problem-solving skills;
- A proactive approach to problem solving and a bias for action;
- Experience dealing with the Nigeria public sector; you have handled products or services used by the government and know how to navigate this regulatory space;
- Experience building, leading and growing exceptional multi-disciplinary teams;
- Experience with tracking and enhancing the adoption and impact of software or other products across regional portfolios;
- Fluent in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to explain complex topics to a non-technical audience and speak with candour and clarity;
- Strong and reflective decision-maker with an ability to balance attention to detail, with excellent problem-solving and critical analysis skills; and
- You are curious, collaborative, innovative and act with care and respect for others.
- Competitive remuneration will be dependent on experience and demonstrable individual performance.
Our benefits include:
- We aim to provide all members of our team with flexibility. Our office in Nigeria are fully
- Hybrid work (remote and onsite), allowing employees to work from home when necessary.
- 21 days holidays + public holidays.
- Pension contribution.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online