Lily hospitals Limited, established since 1986 remains one of the foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON) and was also recently accredited with COHSASA (Council for Health Service Accreditation of Southern Africa) Certificate.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Occupational Health Officer
- Location: Warri, Delta
- Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking a responsible Safety Officer to ensure compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines.
- Your primary role will be advising on measures to minimize hazards and maintain a safe working environment.
- Vigilance in identifying violations is crucial.
- Support the development of Occupational Health Safety policies and programs.
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organize Occupational Health Safety training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy.
- Assess and manage occupational health risks for Hospital employees, identifying potential hazards and implementing preventive measures.
- Conduct regular health screenings, immunizations, and health assessments for employees as per hospital policies.
- Collaborate with department heads to design and implement health and safety training programs.
- Manage employee health records and maintain confidentiality in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with healthcare providers to coordinate care for work-related injuries and illnesses.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health, Nursing, or a related field.
- 1 – 2 years work experience.
- Certificate in occupational health and safety is an added advantage.
- Proven experience as safety officer.
- Knowledge of occupational health regulations, policies, and best practices.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Excellent communication skills.
- Salary in line with industry standard.
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.