Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
- Job Requisition ID: req20135
- Location: Abuja
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation of the activity monitoring, evaluation and learning plan;
- Supports the implementation of the framework for project results measurement, accountability, learning, and development effectiveness that will measure and report IHP success in supported States;Provides support for performance monitoring and evaluation to IHP State Teams;
- Supports analyses of results and ensures that lessons learnt and best practices are captured, synthesized, reported, and disseminated;
- Summarize, analyze and interpret data and reports for monitoring project activities;
- Assist in training team members, health staff and partners at all levels in completion, analysis, reporting and utilization of information collected for operational and strategic needs of the project;
- Assist in training and monitoring partners / stakeholders in the use of data for management decision-making; enabling result based management;
- Monitor the implementation of project specific M&E activities ensuring compliance with set standards, checking and correcting the quality of systems and data;
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports to donor and stakeholders within timelines;
- Supports in the routine submission of data to all platforms within timelines;
- Supports information and knowledge sharing across project sites and partners;
- Other duties as appropriate and as requested
- Some travels to supported States should be expected;
- Reports directly to IHP Senior ICT Specialist
- The Monitoring, Evaluation and Evaluation (MEL) Officer will have experience working in MEL of public health programs.
- The Officer will have expertise and up-to-date knowledge and skills in MEL for health systems and healthcare provision programming, and experience working with different cadres of government.
- S/he must be intimately familiar with the public context in Nigeria and have in-country experience with USAID / International donor programs.
Additional qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, Health Information Management or related field.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Information Management or related field is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience, implementing, monitoring, evaluation and learning tasks for public health projects.
- Familiarity with USAID / International indicators, standard tools and reporting, in the areas of RH/FP, MNH, Child Health, Nutrition, Malaria, HSS, COVID and other technical areas.
- Expert knowledge of NHMIS and DHIS2.
- Expertise in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Competency in statistical software package (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS or similar) is desirable.
- Competency in analytics and visualization software (PowerBI, Tableau) is desirable.
- Competency in Online / Real time data software (ODK, KoboCollect, Google Sheets) is desirable
- Competency with GIS analysis and use is desirable
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with relevant government partners, USAID, other Donors, and implementing partners.Good verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills essential for effective interaction among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: