The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
- Job Title: Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Manager (MHPSS)
- Location: Katsina
- Employment Type: Contract
Mission and Main Activities
- Under the daily guidance of the Medical Referent and technical support of the Roving MHPSS Manager for Nigeria, the MHPSS Manager will provide overall technical and programmatic oversight of ALIMA’s MHPSS interventions in Katsina State.
- The MHPSS Manager will lead the process in development, implementation, and coordination of all MHPSS activities and provide coaching and mentoring to MHPSS Psychologists
- Coordinate and ensure that mental health activities with patients are performed with regular follow-ups, and ensure that the mental health team remains calm and neutral
- Identify the mental health support needs in the target population and participate in defining, planning, organizing and updating the appropriate ALIMA mental health activities
- Map and update the details of existing mental health services, with other actors.
- Ensure, collaboration with the entire medical department for identification of MHPSS clients.
- Ensure the implementation of all ALIMA standard mental health protocols and procedures
- Manage, train and supervise the mental health team through activities such as defining job descriptions, capacity-building,
- Collect key client data and prepare reports on progress made, together with observations, challenges faced, and lessons learned.
- Identify knowledge gap and give update for training accordingly.
- Effective supervision and management of MHPSS team
- Participates in external meetings and reports relevant information
- Ensuring an appropriate MHPSS approach in the program aligned with the IASC MHPSS guidelines for emergencies and humanitarian settings.
- Leading development process of referral pathways
- Comply with all policies and protocols of the ALIMA agency
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Social Work, Mental Health, Psychology or related fields or a combination of bachelor’s degree with significant work experience (3years+) in the mentioned fields
- Minimum of 3-5 years of specialized experience in community-based psychosocial support interventions particularly as it relates to social norms change.
- Experience with medical international NGO, an asset
- Experience in a similar position for at least 2 years.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IASC guidelines on MHPSS in emergency settings
- Demonstrated experience on counseling skills and clinical supervision of lay counselors
- Track record of developing technical curriculum and materials for delivery of MHPSS programming/activities in low-resource setting
- Team management and supervision skills
- Perfect knowledge of MS Office packages, especially Excel & Word
- Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and adaptable to changing needs and situations
- Flexible, patient and adaptable to a changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure with numerous deadlines, etc.
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of the email.