St. Luke’s Hospital is a privately owned hospital located in Asaba, Delta State with modern equipment providing clinical management, diagnosis, and healthcare solutions via latest technology in delivering to our patients within Nigeria and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Medical Officer
- Location: Asaba, Delta
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the Chief Medical Director, the medical officer assist consultants in the day-to-day management of patients under the supervision of Consultant Family Physician.
- The Medical Officer will also take an active role in overseeing the medical care of patients and the functions performed by medical staff.
- They may participate directly in care when services are being initially implemented.
- They may also help assess and diagnose needs and plans of action for individual and families.
- Ensuring that patient care is optimal in adherence to the clinical guidelines and St Luke’s Hospital quality standards.
- Performing inpatient and outpatient review with initial assessment and management.
- Providing necessary documentation on health reports and discharge summaries of patients.
- Liaising with consultants regarding the provision of Inpatient and Outpatient assessment and care, including diagnoses and medication plans.
- Providing medical cover (routine and emergency), during hours of duty and work in conjunction with the other Medical Officers to ensure the provision of a 24-hour service to the hospital.
- Relating with patients’ relatives / caregivers on present state of health and further management.
- Making entries into the patients’ notes as appropriate, following ward rounds or any other patient examinations, communication or procedures.
- Undertaking within your level of experience and competence, certain medical procedures required by your senior colleagues.
Qualifications & Requirements
- M.B.B.S or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in general medicine.
- Primaries in Family Medicine will be an added advantage.
- Certification – Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria; Certificate of Practicing License.
- Proficiency with the use of the computer.
- Candidates must possess NYSC discharge Certificate or Exemption letter.
- Excellent problem-solving and clinical decision-making skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Highly motivated team player willing to go the extra mile.
Application Closing Date
10th September, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.