Lily Hospitals Limited has been serving patients since 1986 and is a leading hospital in Nigeria and the South-South region of the country. We were the first private hospital in Nigeria to obtain the ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). Our mission is to provide high-quality medical care, continuously improve our services, exhibit excellent work ethics, and contribute to the betterment of society.
At Lily Hospitals, we are committed to providing quality medical care, continuous improvement, service excellence, and organizational citizenship. Our hospital runs residency training programs in family medicine and radiology, as well as housemanship and internship training in Pharmacy and Radiology. We have several locations in Benin, Warri, Okuokoko, and other parts of Nigeria.
We are currently seeking to hire a skilled Medical Officer to join our team.
- Job Title: Medical Officer
- Locations: Delta / Edo
- Employment Type: Full Time
The Medical Officer is responsible for providing inpatient and outpatient care, documenting health reports, and discharge summaries of patients. They are also responsible for liaising with consultants regarding the provision of inpatient and outpatient care, including diagnosis and medication plans.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
- Provide high-quality medical care to patients under the supervision of the HOD, consultants, and other senior medical staff.
- Perform administrative duties and risk management.
- Analyze records, reports, and test results, or examine patients to diagnose complex medical conditions and refer to appropriate consultants for further care.
- Assist consultants in performing cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patient’s health.
- Ensure comprehensive, accurate, and concise medical records are collected and maintained for patients with an appropriate signed and dated legible entry in the patient’s medical record on every attendance upon a patient.
- Contribute to quality patient care by participating in case planning, which includes appropriate pre-admission planning, in-hospital care, and discharge planning.
- Arrange investigations, medical treatment, and discharge as directed by the senior registrars or consultant to which assigned.
- Participate in shift rosters or be “on-call” as required.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery.
- Must have at least 1-3 years of experience as a medical officer.
- Candidate must be licensed to practice medicine by the Nigerian Medical and Dental Association of Nigeria.
- Knowledgeable in General Medicine and other related areas of medical practice.
- Must have valuable sympathetic bedside manners, strong active listening skills, and advanced problem-solving abilities while being able to work in a team.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills, a strong ability to work well under extreme pressure and self-discipline.
Application Closing Date
- 5th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using “Medical Officer” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.