Outreach Medical Services is a group of hospitals offering affordable care to women and children across Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
- Location: Festac / Okota, Lagos
- Employment Type: Full-time
Provide Healthcare Services as follows:
- Urgent medical services (including resuscitation, stabilization and assessment and diagnosis, treatment and referral as necessary);
- Assess the urgency and severity of presenting problems through history taking, examination and investigation.
- Recommending and, where appropriate, undertaking treatment options and carrying out/referring for appropriate interventions and procedures, including but not limited to prescribing, minor surgery and other general practice procedures, counselling, psychological interventions, advising and education.
- Referral for diagnostic, therapeutic and support services as required.
Provide timely clinical and culturally appropriate health services through:
- Ongoing health and development assessment and advice.
- Appropriate evidence based screening, risk assessment and early detection of illness, disease and disability.
- Use of recall and reminder systems and referral, as appropriate, to national screening programs.
- Interventions to assist people to reduce or change risky and harmful lifestyle behavior.
- Family planning services, provision of contraceptive advice and sexual health services.
- Ensure Immunization programs are available to the practice population.
- Working with public health providers in the prevention and control of communicable diseases for individuals and families/whanau and reporting to relevant public health providers.
- Ongoing care and support for people with chronic and terminal conditions to reduce deterioration, increase independence and reduce suffering linking, where relevant, with appropriate service providers.
Coordination of care:
- Coordinating an individual’s rehabilitation process and participating where appropriate in providing recovery orientated services to restore normal functioning;
- Developing collaborative working relationships with community health services and non-Government public health providers.
- Establishing links with a range of primary and secondary health care providers and developing initiatives to enable patient centric, coordinated care that meets the needs of individuals and their family.
- All patient consultations must be accurately recorded in the clinical patient notes within 24 hours of seeing the patient.
Improve patient health and experience through:
- Health Promotion.
- Health education, counselling and information provision about how to improve health and prevent disease and interventions or treatments that treat risk factors.
- Professional liaison with other health professionals is maintained-
- All staff are informed, as appropriate, about anything that they should be aware of regarding a patient, or regarding the internal workings of the practice.
- Ongoing CME is maintained at least at the level required to maintain ongoing accreditation through the maintenance of professional standards.
- Staff and team meetings are attended as requested.
- Any other duty that may assigned.
Education and Licenses
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification
- Be a Medical Doctor who is registered and licensed with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigerian (MDCN).
- At least Two (2) years of post NYSC experience in a hospital.
- Work schedule is based on a monthly roaster released before the 1st of every month.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Ability to think and act strategically and to articulate a clear sense of direction and vision.
- Strong ability to build effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborative working style to promote strong partnerships.
- Able to encourage an organisational culture that promotes clinical engagement in decision-making processes.
- Appropriate clinical skills.
- Be willing to learn.
N230,000 – N270,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
30th August, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only candidates that live in Lekki and environs should apply.