EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a health care network operating across Nigeria that provides high-quality, innovative, data-driven, and technology-enabled services.
EHA Clinics delivers a comprehensive range of state of the art health care services in each location, e.g, general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography, and specialized services (urgent care, telemedicine, home care, dental care, and ophthalmology).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Medical Doctor
- Location: Lagos
- Job type: Full-time
Purpose of the Position
- The Medical Doctor will perform a range of functions including but not limited to; initial history taking, clinical assessments, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of care. S/he must demonstrate critical thinking in the clinical decision-making process, especially in assessing and diagnosing patients, leading to the delivery of safe care for all patients. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the healthcare team and the Management Team to meet the needs of the patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures. The Medical Doctor will also review and act appropriately on blood results and referrals/correspondence regarding patients. In addition, S/he will be expected to occasionally carry out some home visits to patients registered on the Membership Scheme.
The Medical Doctor will support EHA Clinics department predominantly to:
- Participate in all treatment and preventative healthcare services as delegated and agreed upon by the supervising Practice Manager(s).
- Provide direct clinical care to patients using established clinical guidelines.
- Interview patients, take medical histories, perform physical examinations, analyze, diagnose and explain medical problems during surgery consultations and home visits.
- Consult, recommend and explain appropriate diagnostic tests and treatment.
- Request and interpret the results of laboratory investigations when necessary.
- Perform specialized diagnostic physical exams and treatment procedures.
- Instruct and educate patients in preventative health care.
- Conduct telephone consultations which may involve discussing results and implications of laboratory investigations with patients as well as dealing appropriately with routine and emergency complaints.
- Order laboratory tests as required and agreed under supervising Medical Director.
- Fully document all aspects of patient care and complete all required paperwork for legal and administrative purposes.
- Contribute to clinical development by developing a special interest and help to establish appropriate systems to manage common chronic medical conditions, ensuring compliance with approved standard treatment guidelines.
- Participate fully in the clinicians’ duty rota including the provision of home visits when appropriate.
- Formulate diagnosis and treatment plans, in consultation with or referring to Supervising doctor(s) as appropriate.
- Give clinical instructions to the nursing staff and other clinical care teams as required.
- Communicate when necessary with colleagues in Clinical care and hospital specialists in order to discuss or refer specific patients, plan and coordinate activities, or exchange information in order to improve the quality of patient care.
- Deal regularly with community hospitals, consultants, and other health care providers, insurance companies, and other community organizations to refer/consult on specific cases, participate in community service and education projects and activities.
- Assist in clinical instruction and supervision of medical and nursing staff as well as other interns/student doctors that may periodically be attached to the clinics, including the educational development and mentoring of these individuals.
- Support clinical research and efforts within the EHA Clinics leading to the publication of papers.
- Attend regular educational meetings organized by the practice in order to update clinical knowledge, practice policy and guidelines, and disseminate other useful information relevant to the provision of adequate healthcare for patients in order to discuss in a bid to learn from recent significant events relating to clinical practice occurring within the clinics.
- Regularly reflect on own practice (and keep a record of learning encounters) in order to identify learning needs and encourage self-directed lifelong learning and continued professional development.
- Send and receive written information on behalf of the clinic regarding matters of insurance and other issues relating to the physical and social welfare of patients.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Degree In Medicine – Minimum qualification of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery in any Global, National, or State recognized University and conforming to the guidelines as set out by the Medical and Dental Association of Nigeria.
- Completion of compulsory internship and national service or exemption
- Up-to-date registration and license from the MDCN
N300,000 – N400,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
2nd September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of the email.