Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
- Code: LS03100
- Location: Shinkafi, Zamfara
- Contract Period: 6 months
- Possibility of extension: Yes
- Contract: 208 working hours per month
- Level: 6
- Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager’s supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor’s instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person’s task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities.
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks.
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Business Administration or Transportation, Industrial Distribution, Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management or in a related field
- At least 2 years’ experience in logistic, supply chain management and WASH activities implementation with MSF or similar INGOs.
- Experience in basic security management and use of radio communication
- English and Local languages are desirable
- Essential computer literacy (MS Office applications) and logistics software necessary to conduct research and complete routine/moderately complex tasks. Excellent reporting and analytical skills
Gross Monthly Salary
According to MSF National Salary Scale.
Application Closing Date
27th August, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Women and People with Disabilities are encouraged to Apply