Emel Hospital Festac Town, Lagos, Nigeria – a multi-specialists’ hospital, situated at 21 Road, Z Close in Festac Town, Amuwo Odofin Local Government Lagos, Nigeria. Emel Hospital is a purpose-built 30 bed hospital situated on a piece of land specially approved for its purpose by the Federal Housing Authority.
Emel Hospital was established in 1988 by Dr. Olufemi Mobolaji-Lawal, a consultant paediatrician. Dr. Mobolaji-Lawal trained as a doctor at the University College Hospital, Ibadan and as a paediatrician in the United Kingdom. Prior to setting Emel Hospital, he worked for some time as consultant paediatrician at Ikeja General Hospital (now Lagos State University Teaching Hospital), Lagos. He is the board chairman and his wife, Dr. (Mrs) Margaret Mobolaji-Lawal is a non-executive director.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: IT Officer
- Location: Festac, Lagos
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the Hospital Manager and IT Manager the IT officer will monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of the Hospital.
- He will be installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications issues.
- Administration and oversight of all IT functions.
- Providing technical support across the Hospital
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems, software and networks
- Diagnosing, repairing faults and resolving network issues.
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests.
- Speaking to staff to quickly get to the root of their problem.
- Providing timely and accurate staff feedback.
- Taking staff through a series of actions to resolve an issue.
- Following up with vendors/clients to ensure the issue is resolved.
- Repairing and replacing equipment as/when necessary.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
- Providing support in the form of procedural documentation.
- Managing multiple cases at one time.
- Testing and evaluating new technologies.
- Regular scheduled maintenance on networks, hardware and software.
- Ensuring security of hardware, network and data with proper security policies and software.
- Creation, implementation and review of disaster prevention and recovery policies
- Participating and contributing in training of staff regarding issues with the networks
- Providing regular weekly/monthly reports and feedback to the Hospital Manager through the IT Manager
- Readiness to take on any assigned IT-related projects.
Application Closing Date
27th August, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Scanned copy of credentials to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.