Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Health Informatics Specialist
- Job Requisition ID: req20142
- Location: FMOH headquarters, Abuja
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response. Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance.
- By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- Palladium is seeking to recruit a Health Informatics specialist to support the Federal Ministry of Health towards its goal of provision of quality stewardship and services.
- The Health Informatics Specialist will provide technical support in the planning, developing, and implementation of National digital health tools that enhance availability and access to health data, while improving the efficiency of the Strategic Information unit of the National AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Infections Control and Hepatitis Programme (NASCP).
- This will be achieved by working under the stewardship of the Head- Strategic Information unit at the various iterations of duties from ideation and planning for health informatics projects, supporting design, quality assurance, documentation, and deployment of existing applications towards the establishment of a robust ecosystem that enhances the health data value chain and supports data analytics and decision making.
- The Health Informatics specialist will also play a key role in stakeholder management and capacity strengthening to enhance sustainability of the programme’s health information systems.
- The Health Informatics Specialist will report to the NASCP Head of Strategic Information with direct liaison to the Informatics Advisor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support in the planning, development, deployment and monitoring of the programme’s health information systems and digital tools including Electronic Medical Records systems and Health Information Management Systems.
- Development and successful delivery of stakeholder engagement and coordination plans as per FMOH guidelines.
- Manage stakeholder mapping and assist in stakeholder communications including managing the existing and new technical working groups and communities of practice.
- Work with the Head of Strategic Information at NASCP in managing and facilitating the health informatics related meetings and forums.
- Provide advisory insights in products’ planning, development and implementation stages as required.
- Support implementation of NASCPs digital strategies and solution architectures while ensuring the programmers get the best value from digital tools.
- Support the implementation and monitoring of the NDR and LAMISplus and other ENMR systems.
- Support internal and external capacity building activities.
- Work closely with stakeholders to articulated, document and implement business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements for digital health tools.
- Participate in the planning and documentation of technical specifications of health information systems design and features.
- Support compliance to GoN and global best practices and standards including the principles of digital development for health information systems supporting the programme.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Health Informatics, Public Health or a related field.
- 3 years of experience supporting development and implementation of digital tools specifically relating to technology and data solutions in a data driven environment.
- Understanding and application of coding languages with examples
- Exceptional time management skills and solid interpersonal skills
- Work experience in business analysis, quality assurance and stakeholder management.
- Good stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- Good written and verbal skills in English; ability to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Solid technical background with understanding or hands on experience in development and implementation of Information Systems that support health and social protection programs will be an added advantage.
- Experience with Global Goods for digital health such as DHIS2, OpenMRS and OpenHIE at Government level scale will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online