- Job Title: Head of Health Promotion
- Location: Yobe, Nigeria
- Employment Type: Full-Time
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is a leading humanitarian medical NGO that provides medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes. Our mission is to save lives and alleviate the suffering of the most vulnerable populations in crisis situations. We are committed to delivering high-quality medical care with compassion, respect, and professionalism.
We are looking for a Head of Health Promotion to join our team in Yobe. The ideal candidate will be responsible for organizing, training, and supervising the CNMs supervisors and CNMs in terms of planning and organizing their work, evaluating training needs, and participating in trainings. You will be required to visit regularly the communities that are under your responsibility, elaborate relevant material, and establish adequate strategies for delivering focused information to the community. Additionally, you will be responsible for monitoring, collecting, and reporting any information linked to living conditions and the health situation of the population.
- Organize, train, and supervise the CNMs supervisors and CNMs in terms of planning and organizing their work, evaluating training needs, and participating in trainings.
- Visit regularly communities that are under your responsibility.
- Elaborate relevant material and establish adequate strategies for delivering the focused information to the community.
- Ensure delivery of information to the community regarding hygiene, diseases, and prevention using proper tools and informing communities about ALIMA and services provided.
- Monitor, collect, and report to the medical team any information linked to living conditions and the health situation of the population.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all information observed or registered.
- Report to line manager or medical team any problems encountered during meetings with the population.
- Ensure the implementation of prevention measures against abuse of power, SGBV under the supervision of the Head of Health Promotion.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- A degree in Public Health or any degree in a health-related field is required.
- A post-graduate qualification in Health Promotion/IEC specialization/Global Health/Public Health/Community Health is desirable.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position is required.
- Essential working experience in Nutrition, Malaria, Vaccination (EPI), Maternal & Child Health, Health Promotion, or Community Health-related work is required.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint) are required.
- Flexibility, teamwork, stress management, excellent interpersonal, and communication skills, good judgment and a high level of respect for confidentiality are required.
Application Closing Date: 14th April 2023
Method of Application:
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please send your CV to [email protected] using the position as the subject of the email. We look forward to hearing from you.