Lily Hospitals Limited, established in 1986, is a leading hospital in Nigeria and the South-South region. We are committed to providing excellent medical services, adhering to high standards, continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics. We were the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). We provide residency training programs in family medicine and radiology, as well as housemanship training and internship training in Pharmacy and Radiology. We have multiple locations in Benin, Warri, Okuokoko, and other areas.
We are currently seeking to hire a highly skilled General Surgeon to join our team and provide surgical care to our patients in our facility. As a General Surgeon, you will be responsible for performing surgical procedures to prevent or correct injuries, diseases, and deformities in patients while adhering to all regulatory and ethical protocols. You will also provide preoperative diagnosis of patients and provide postoperative surgical care and treatment. Ultimately, you will work with a team of medical professionals to oversee the medical and surgical care of patients.
Key Result Areas (KRA):
Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical conditions of patients and provide advice on surgical procedures when necessary.
Perform surgical procedures to prevent or correct injuries, diseases, and deformities in patients while adhering to all regulatory and ethical protocols.
Perform minor or major surgical procedures as required, independently, and with other team medical professionals if necessary.
Oversee all treatment prior to post-surgery and identify associated risks.
To be “on-call” or participate in shift rosters is a requirement of the position.
Manage the administrative requirements of the hospital and patient care, including ensuring discharge summaries and medico-legal correspondence are completed without delay.
Ensure the accomplishment of quality training in the department through continuing medical education and more formal academic education and for the team.
- A valid license to practice medicine from the Nigerian Medical and Dental Association and a specialist qualification in general medicine.
- A minimum of 7 years of cogent experience practicing as a general surgeon.
- Relevant certifications or training as a general surgeon.
- Good hand-eye coordination, stamina, and empathy for patients.
- A working knowledge of global quality assurance, clinical audit principles and processes, and a commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Excellent communication skills, decision-making skills, and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Great management and leadership skills.
Application Closing Date: 5th June 2023.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected], using “General Surgeon” as the subject of the email.