Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Expansion State Coordinator, Viral Hepatitis Strategic Plan
- Job ID: 2023-5383
- Location: Abuja
- Category: Temporary
- Join the STAR Hepatitis C self-testing project, an innovative project implemented in collaboration with the National AIDS/STI and Viral hepatitis Control program (NASCP). With funding from Unitaid and Population Services International, the HCVST study explores the acceptability, feasibility, and cost-effectiveness of oral and blood based self-testing among key population and people living with HIV in Nasarawa state.
- The project is implemented by Jhpiego Nigeria in collaboration with NASCP. Our work has shaped the National HIV and Viral Hepatitis Policy landscape and promoted patient centered service delivery models, and now we seek an Expansion State Coordinator to carry this torch forward by domesticating the National Strategic Framework for Viral hepatitis in two Nigerian states.
- As the Expansion State Coordinator, you will be the charismatic orchestrator of our expansion into two Nigerian states.
- Your technical acumen and ability to catalyse action will be key in supporting the operationalization of the National Strategic Framework (NSF) for Viral Hepatitis (2022-2026). You will support the operationalization of the NSF for Viral Hepatitis in two Nigerian states, including resource mobilization planning and mapping.
- The State Strategic Plan will be operational between the period 2023-2027. Based in Abuja, with frequent travel to the two states, you will be the linchpin connecting various partners and collaborators in achieving this goal and monitoring its implementation.
- Strategic Planning: Conduct SWOT analysis, create state strategic/operational plan templates, and develop a resource mobilization plan, stakeholder maps and other tools in alignment with the National Strategic Framework.
- Stakeholder Mapping and Engagement: Conduct comprehensive stakeholder mapping to identify key stakeholders, their interests, influence, and potential contributions and investment in Viral Hepatitis in these two states. Foster relationships with stakeholders in the two states, including SMOH, SASCP, SPHCDB, private sector including pharmaceutical companies
- Resource Mobilization Mapping: Align stakeholders to specific resource mobilization roles and responsibilities based on the stakeholder mapping. Develop and implement a resource mobilization plan, including funding sources and budgeting/costing. Analyze the Viral hepatitis funding sources from 2023-2027, detailing costs for priority areas in the State Strategic Plan. Validate SSP costs, identify the 2023-2027 funding gap, and assist in devising strategies to bridge this gap with realistic targets.
- Methodological Leadership: Guide document review, group work, plenary presentation, discussion, and other methodologies.
- Monitoring and Reporting: Oversee implementation, monitor progress, and prepare regular reports.
- Travel: Regular travel to the two states to ensure seamless implementation and collaboration.
- Other duties as assigned
- A Degree in Public Health, Pharmacy, Medicine, Biological Sciences, or other related discipline
- A minimum of 7-10 years of post-graduate experience in public health, pharmacy, medicine, biological sciences, or other related discipline with a focus on viral hepatitis and HIV prevention, diagnosis, care and treatment
- Charismatic communicator with experience in mobilizing support among stakeholders.
- Technical soundness and experience in facilitating the development of National Strategic Framework and state operational/strategic plan
- Proven experience in strategic planning, stakeholder engagement, resource mobilization and costing
- Willingness to travel frequently to the expansion states.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online