The programme at a glance
Runs from 1 July to 31 August 2022. The Department of Computer Science at ETH
Zurich offers undergraduate and graduate students a research experience at an early
stage of their studies:
- Gain two months of research experience in computer science at a top international
- Pursue a research project that aligns with a chosen area of interest and be part of
a research group
- Take part in exciting networking and social events
- Travel, visa and living expenses are covered by the fellowship
- Time frame: 1 July – 31 August. Please note that the time and duration of the fellowship is fixed to cover the full two months of July and August.
- Eligibility. Bachelor’s and master’s students worldwide with an
- expected graduation date earliest during the spring semester the year after the 2-month fellowship.
- Research experience. Fellows will pursue a research project that aligns with a chosen area of their interest as part of a research group in our department. This includes interacting and collaborating with group members.
- Networking and socialising. A number of on-site socialising events will help fellows to get to know people outside their respective research groups, including current ETH students at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Stipend. Fellows at ETH Zurich will receive a monthly allowance of about CHF 1.750 to cover housing and living expenses. Travel and visa expenses will be covered as well. Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the program.
- Accommodation. Affordable housing during the research stay will be organised, once a candidate is accepted into the program. We will also provide information regarding visa applications (where required).
- Switzerland. Fellows have the opportunity to explore the vibrant culture of Zurich in the summer as well as the beautiful mountainous landscape of Switzerland in their free time
You are eligible for the ETH Student Summer Research Fellowship programme if you satisfy the following conditions:
- You are enrolled in a study programme (bachelor, master or equivalent) in
computer science or a closely related field (e.g., electrical engineering,
- Your expected graduation date in your current study programme (bachelor
or master) is in the year following the fellowship or later.
- You will have completed two years of study by the start of the programme (master
students naturally satisfy this condition).
- The duration of the fellowship is the full two months of July and August,
during which time you must be present.
Due to the current COVID-19 safety measures, travel restrictions and quarantine
rules, participants must provide a valid certificate of vaccination against COVID-19
with an approved vaccine or proof of recovery at the beginning of the programme.
The programme is conducted exclusively in English. Although formal evidence
of language proficiency is not required, the fellowship requires a good working knowledge of English and it may be assessed at an interview.
Start of November – 15 December 2021,
12 noon (Central European Time).
For further information, please visit
our programme website.
We are looking forward to receiving
How to Apply
- Prior to starting your application please read the “How to apply” information on the program website and prepare all required documents: https://www.inf.ethz.ch/studies/summer-research-fellowship
- To apply you need to register with SiROP. Use “Register” in the menu ( https://sirop.org/app/register ). Try to find your university in the list provided. If your university is not in the list create an account using an email address and password.
- After logging in you can return to this event and you will find the button “Apply now” at the top.