eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: EOC Admin / IT Coordinator
- Locations: Borno, Kaduna, Katsina, Kebbi, Niger, Sokoto, Yobe, and Zamfara
- Job Type: Full-time
- Department: Operations
Purpose of the position
- The EOC Admin / IT Coordinator coordinates and performs a wide variety of administrative and technical services to support the activities of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
- S/he serves as a primary point of operational and administrative contact for internal and external stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serves as a primary point of direct administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and external stakeholders and partners on a range of specified issues; organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events, as required.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events. Sets up meeting rooms with appropriate technology and arranges lunches, dinners and refreshments for meetings.
- Performs general secretarial/clerical duties including recording and transcribing minutes of meetings, photocopying, fax, and mailing. Assists in managing all technical equipment (printers, computers, projectors, etc.)
- Responsible for managing daily task managers and email reminders. Maintains electric and hard copy filing systems Prepares and modifies documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, and emails.
- Coordinates and oversees the day-to-day management of supplies, equipment, and facilities for the organization, as appropriate, to include maintenance, inventory management, logistics, security, and related activities.
- Gathers, enters, and/or updates data to maintain departmental records and databases, as appropriate; establishes and maintains files and records for the EOC. Organizes and maintains electronic and paper filing systems for EOC resources, tools and materials, including files on the shared drive.
- Provides general administrative/Technical support to the EOC Office Manager and Partners as required.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, VPN, Email routing and HTTP. Investigates, diagnoses and solves computer software and hardware faults.
- Installs, maintains, configures and troubleshoots telecommunication infrastructure, including VOIP phones, AP’s, WLAN controllers including servers, printers, computers workstations, etc.
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
- Provides technical support to troubleshoot malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
Who you Are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized academic institution in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management or any related field.
- Minimum of Three (3) years of technical administrative support experience preferably in an International NGO or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software and troubleshooting.
- Able to communicate by various modes such as verbally in-person, Mobile phone, pager, and direct connect/radio.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess good problem-solving skills.
- Must have flexibility in working hours, including on-call availability and the willingness to work holidays. Excellent customer service skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: