Fact Foundation (FACT) is a Nigeria-based organization that aims to support populations affected by ongoing and emerging global challenges through research, data, and technology solutions. RADAR is a FACT program that promotes the use of “bottom-up” technology-based solutions in the delivery of public and humanitarian services.
The program works in partnership with Government, I/NGOs and Donor actors to design and deploy technology-based systems to respond to needs and support communities affected by emerging and ongoing global challenges. Using our expertise in data science, geographic information systems, and software development, we work with our partners to ensure that technology solutions are “fit to purpose” and “fit to use” which then ensures efficient and accurate decision-making, identification of beneficiaries, assignment of goods and services, as well as tracking and monitoring of impact.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
- Job Title: Data Officer, Programme Evaluation and Assessment, Research and Learning (PEARL) Unit
- Locations: Abuja & Borno
- Employment Type: Full Time
About the Role
- Under the management of the PEARL Unit Manager, the Database Officer is responsible for the production of FACT’s analysis products, including the preparation of research design, support in designing sampling methods, data analysis plans, data collection tools, data cleaning scripts, and processes, analysis scripts, analysis outputs and (as relevant) production of web maps and information management systems.
- Responsible for managing the PEARL database and data analysis processes, ensuring the delivery of high-quality products that meets the needs of the communities we serve. Key responsibilities:
Research Planning and Implementation:
- Contribute towards the identification and implementation of effective and adapted data management and analysis solutions in line with FACT’s relevant research and data guidelines;
- Support (as designated by line manager) sampling design, creation and management of data collection tools (ODK or KoBo), training on data cleaning and management techniques, support for data analysis set up (specifically conducted in the R environment);
- Support the development of qualitative and quantitative data collection tools, ensuring requirements of research cycle/assessment are met;
- In coordination with relevant assessment and GIS officer(s), support construction of quantitative sample;
- Keep track of progress and delays of all assigned tasks throughout the research cycle. Ensure that delays or identified problems are reported by writing and orally in a timely manner.
- When relevant, support oversight of data collection, in line with agreed TORs (including their Annexes), including data cleaning processes, checks and data cleaning scripts
- In coordination with relevant assessment officer(s), document all changes in data collection that lead to a modification in the agreed TORs, ensuring that Coordination is informed and agrees on the modifications.
Data Management, Cleaning, Analysis and Reporting:
- Monitor the accuracy of data collected in line with FACT’s Data Cleaning Minimum Standards Checklist;
- Cross-check data collected in the field, ensure regular updates and solve eventual discrepancies;
- Manage, update, and deploy research questionnaires.
- Maintain, update, and expand R-based systems of data management and analysis for data dissemination and reporting
- Serve as the focal point for statistical analysis and quantitative reporting on assessments.
- Ensure that all FACT analyses products the requirements of FACT and concerned partners;
- Ensure findings are accurately reported given the data collection and analysis methodology planned in TORs;
- When relevant, in close coordination with FACT, support the regular maintenance and update of online products.
Internal Coordination and External Engagement:
- For relevant projects, ensure compliance with project cycle management requirements and guidelines at all phases
- Provide content and contributes to lessons learned exercises.
- Upon the request of the line manager, support in consulting with partners at various stages of the research cycle: assessment preparation; data collection; data analysis; review of research products; product dissemination; and lessons learned.
- After validation by the line manager, attend relevant meetings/ working groups; report back to management and, as relevant, follow up on issues identified by partners or during meetings / working groups.
- When requested by the line manager, support active use of datasets and research findings by partners and the broader humanitarian community for their decision-making;
- More generally, contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of FACT’s mandate, ethics, values, and standpoint with regard to other actors.
- 5 years of proven experience working in NGO, Academia, or Software companies within the research, monitoring, and evaluation, or a similar function
- Excellent academic qualifications, in a relevant discipline (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer science, Political Science, Social Research, Economics, Development Studies, or similar)
- Good communication and drafting skills are required for effective report writing
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of data collection and analysis tools like Kobo, Nvivo, R, SPSS, Power BI etc
- Strong statistical and analysis skills
- Comfortable multi-tasking and supporting multiple products
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications, including Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Google suite Apps.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of the email.