Lily Hospitals Limited is a leading hospital in Nigeria, established in 1986 with a commitment to delivering high-quality healthcare services to the South-South region of the country.
As the first private hospital in Nigeria to receive ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON), we are committed to continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics.
We are currently seeking to hire a Consultant Ophthalmologist to join our team at our Warri, Delta location.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the clinical, managerial, financial aspects and clinical governance of the department, providing clinical leadership for all eye care, delivering specialized eye care, and providing expert ophthalmic advice.
- Renew glasses if necessary and ensure customers receive the right product and quality
- Respond to customer issues with appropriate levels of concern and take necessary actions
- Educate and counsel patients on contact lens care, visual hygiene, lighting arrangements, and safety factors
- Communicate with patients regarding surgeries, follow-up care, tests, and carry out procedures
- Coordinate the delivery of eyewear products to customers according to specified guidelines
- Educate patients on how to use various eye wears, especially contact lenses
- Advise patients on lens and frame selections
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment
- Keep stock of unit equipment and consumables
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Fellowship degree at either West African College of Surgeons or National Postgraduate Medical College or relevant qualification
- 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience preferably in the health sector
- Membership of the Nigeria Medical Association
- Member of Ophthalmology Society of Nigeria both local and national
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- The application deadline is April 15th, 2023.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to [email protected], using the job title as the subject of the email. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.