Proodos Care, a leading healthcare provider, is currently recruiting for the position of Behavior Technician. The role will involve implementing person-centered programs utilizing Applied Behavior Analysis and Positive Behavior Support best practices.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Teaching functional skills and developing communication systems
- Enhancing social skills under a framework that provides choice and promotes empowerment
- Monitoring and taking accurate data daily as per service each child’s targets
- Supporting children during times of challenging behavior
- Ensuring all program materials are organized and accessible
- Assisting children with self-help skills
- Modeling best practices and professionalism at all times
- Attending mandatory trainings, team meetings, and self-directed e-learning modules
- Promoting safeguarding and well-being for children to the highest standard
- Performing other duties as required by the program director.
The ideal candidate should have:
- At least 1 year of applied experience working with individuals with a diagnosis of developmental delay and/or autism
- 1+ year of applied experience working with individuals with speech sound disorders (an added advantage)
- Experience in managing challenging behaviors
- Experience in utilizing ABA methodologies for skill acquisition
- An Undergraduate Degree in Psychology, Child Development Studies, Special Education, or a related field (preferred)
- A license in ABAT/RBT (highly desirable).
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV and Cover Letter in PDF to [email protected], using “Behavior Technician” as the subject of the email. The application closing date for this position is April 30th, 2023.