- Job Title: Anesthesiologist
- Location: Warri, Delta
Lily Hospitals Limited, established since 1986, is one of the foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country.
We are committed to providing high-quality healthcare services to our patients and improving their well-being. Our hospital was the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON).
We are consistently committed to high standards, continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Anesthesiologist to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing and administering anesthesia following approved guidelines and managing patients in the theatre.
The candidate must be licensed to practice medicine from the Nigerian Medical and Dental Association and have a minimum of 3 years of cognate experience as an anesthesiologist.
- Provide quality medical care to patients
- Develop, implement and maintain a quality assurance program for the anaesthetic and intensive care service
- Execute a thorough evaluation of the patient’s medical and surgical history to ascertain the history of drug acceptance and reaction.
- Prepare patients for anesthesia and administer it
- Provide pre and post-operative care to patients
- Provide resuscitation services in case of emergency and disaster situations
- Coordinate the maintenance of anesthetic operational equipment and ensure their functionality
- Remain abreast with trends, development, and utilization of technology in the field of anaesthesia and intensive care medicine, on an ongoing basis
- Provide assistance with surgical procedures
- Be “on-call” or participate in shift rosters as a requirement of the position
Education & Experience:
- The candidate must be licensed to practice medicine from the Nigerian Medical and Dental Association
- A minimum of 3 years of cognate experience as an anesthesiologist
- Knowledge of Clinical Surgery and other specialist areas of medical practice such as Pediatrics, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Good communication skills, a strong ability to work well under extreme pressure, self-discipline, and excellent long-term concentration
- A working knowledge of global quality assurance, clinical audit principles and processes, and a commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Familiarity with cultural and religious concerns of patients and current legislation on patient rights
- Evidence of competence in the management of anesthesia cases and active participation in relevant research
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to [email protected] using “Anesthesiologist” as the subject of the email. The application closing date is 30th April 2023.
At Lily Hospitals Limited, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.